Monday, June 28, 2021
8 Small Ways To Update Your Kitchen Without Renovating
Monday, June 21, 2021
Will a Home Inspection Help Sell your Home Faster?
Usually, a home inspection is done after an offer is made to buy a home. The offer will typically include a condition that the property must pass such an inspection. The buyer then hires the inspector, who goes through the home, top to bottom, inside and out, looking for issues.
However, you can also get an inspection done as the seller. In this case, you are paying for an inspector to produce a report on your home - before you sell. In fact, this is often called a pre-sale home inspection.
Why would you do this?
A pre-sale home inspection can make your property more attractive to buyers. This is especially helpful if you're selling in a buyer's market, where there are more homes like your for sale than there are buyers. The report serves as an enticing feature of your listing because it reassures buyers that there are no unknown issues.
Getting a pre-home inspection is something worth considering. For a buyer deciding between your listing and another home for sale, it can be a determining factor.
Monday, June 14, 2021
Small Fixes That Make A Big Impact on Buyers
Thinking about listing your home soon? If so, you'll want to make your property as attractive to buyers as possible. That doesn't necessarily mean having to do extensive improvements. In fact, there are plenty of small fixes you can make that will have a big impact on your home's appeal.
Here are just a few ideas:
Fix what's not working. When something is not working correctly - a faucet, cabinet drawer, motion light, etc. - that's a big turnoff to buyers. Check your home for anything that needs repair.
Eliminate the unsightly. Don't think a buyer will notice that little dent in the living room wall? They will. And, even though it's minor, they'll remember it. Do what you can to fix or eliminate anything that's unsightly.
Update hardware. One of the easiest (and most affordable) improvements you can make is to change out old cabinet and door hardware. Especially in the kitchen, new hardware can make the entire space look updated.
Optimize lighting. Are there areas in your home that are uncomfortably bright? Or, are they gloomily dim? Check that you've optimized the wattage on the bulbs in your fixtures. For some spaces, you might need to add lighting.
Paint. This is probably the most effective improvement you can make to your home. A fresh coat of paint makes just about any room look like new. It's a transformative staging technique and one that is affordable and DIY-friendly.
Following these tips will go a long way toward getting you into the home of your dreams.
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Just Sold | 36 Biscayne Boulevard
Monday, June 7, 2021
For Lease | 488 University Avenue #2416
Thursday, June 3, 2021
GTA REALTORS® Release May 2021 Stats
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
7 Ways To Make Your Next Move Fun
For many homeowners, selling their current property and finding their next home can seem like a daunting experience. But, it doesn't need to be. In fact, the process can be smooth and relatively easy, even fun, if you do the right things.
Consider these tips:
1. Create a profile of you next dream home. If possible, get the whole family involved in this exercise. Turn it into a fun game.
2. Learn the steps involved in selling and buying. Don't be shy about asking questions. The less mysterious the process seems, the more likely you are to enjoy the experience.
3. Visit neighbourhoods you'd like to live in. Explore the area. Go for walks. Imagine living there.
4. Clean out all the clutter and other unwanted items from your home. This not only makes the house more comfortable for you and your family, it also makes it look better to buyers.
5. Don't do everything on your own. Get help. If you need a repair person, house cleaner, contractor or pet sitter, hire one. Lessen the workload so you can enjoy the adventure.
6. Plan fun things to do away from home during buyer viewing appointments.
7. Keep a "moving calendar" and schedule appointments, tasks and other activities carefully. The more organized you are, the less stress you'll feel.
Of course, the best way to make moving fun is to work with a good real estate agent - someone who knows how to sell your property successfully and can make the process go smoothly.